Have a nice day!

luni, 29 august 2011

Snowstorm

 
   One Sunday afternoon, in a wonderful day of summer, I was walking alone. The weather was hot and people were smiling and laughing.
   But I couldn't laugh... why?
   All the time I'm thinking about my best friend, Christian. It starts as a joke. But now, he's "in love" with alcohol, cigarettes and... he calls it "Mary Jane"... in means drugs.
    When I saw him, first time after he had a monkey on his back, he looked miserable: hands full of bee bites, his pulse was speeding and his mind was 2000 light years away.
    I sat down, trying to imagine him: I couldn't, but in the distance I heard some laughter.. we laughed together...
I know now: I'm the only friend in this world that can trully help him.'Cuz I'm the only one that counts.
    I ran to his house, shouting his name, but the house was empty. I thought that he's with his parents but then I saw the empty bag: "He must be at the tea pot!" I said.

   The tea pot was on a hill, between old wagon trains. The hill was full of drug addicts, looking lost.
   I found him: "Christian, what are you doing? Do you have any excuse?"
   "Yes.. world's better now...just go Gloria, please..."
   He was between insane and insecure, and it was hard for me to take him home.


   -Drink this hot tea.
   -Gloria, I can't remember a word that you were saying...
   -Why Christian, why?
   -'Cuz my grandparents are dead and my mother doesn't give a s**t about me.
   -It's not a reason. You have me and all our friends.
   -No, Gloria... I just can't find my place in this world, you know? They told me that this is a world of make believe... but they don't believe in me.
   -I believe in you.
   -They told me that home is where your heart is. Shame! Our hearts don't beat in the same time!
   -It's true. We are different. But we must fight for our nitch in this world... what's wrong with you?!
   -Nothing... this is how I'm supposed to be.. one of this lost children with dirty faces... You can't understand. You have a perfect life, perfect familly... you're perfect!
   -Come'on! Nobody's perfect!
   -Do you know how it feels? When there is nowhere you can go? Running because of this stupid pain?
   -Pain? Do you ever tried to understand? Do you ever tried to fight?
   -Fight?
   -Yes... fight! We are the kids of war and peace! They told us at school that peace is the best d**m thing in this world! But is war outside! They don't care.. But I care and I care and I can say it a million and one f*****g times! Please, try to be the Christian with burning eyes.. the Christian that I choosed as my best friend! Promise me!
   -.....
   -I must go now. Tomorrow would you like to come with me to a movie?
   -I'd love to...


   The next morning I went to his house. My mother tried to stop me but she couldn't.
   To my horror, in his garden there were an ambulance and a police car. A policeman came and gave me a letter.
   -You must be Gloria....


                                                             "Dear !Gloria!,

                    I lost my faith in God, in Jesus in everything.. excepted you. You're the only one that ever cares after the accident. Now I left behind all this lies that they told me. I know what you think about this: to run away is to lost the war. I lost it... but you have a chance. You know where to go from here. I didn't know what to do with the directions but you know. You have the strenght and the power. I hope you'll forgive me. That could help me now.

       P.S.: "My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies
                Fairytales of yesterday will grow, but never die
                I can fly, my friends!"
                                             
                                                                                                  Love ya!
                                                                                                           !Christian! "

 
     After that I felt to the ground, screaming "You're leaving home" a thousand times, I supposed.

    He's right. It's not my fault. It's everybody's fault. In this case we couldn't save his body but I'm sure that we saved his soul. But there are so many cases in this world! Just keep breathing, fighting and.. living!
                                               Trust me, we can do this together!


   This story is special, because is true. It's sad, it looks crazy, but is true. Is the story of my best friend.



 P.S.: E prima incercare in engleza si, totodata m-am conformat oarecum sfaturilor, scriind  ceva mai mult realist decat poetic, fara sa smulg bucati si sa le inlocuiesc cu poezie. Sper sa va placa! :)

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu